Sunday, March 3, 2013

Leaving Harbor

That's my title for today.  My desk was still appallingly full of clippings and images.  I gathered up the ship, then a building, a small piece of paper and they arranged themselves in my hand.  That red half oval called my name from the bag I'd just stuffed it into.  I thought I needed another base because I wanted a dark stormy type background, either green like the ocean or blue like the unending sky.


To me, it looks like this ship is leaving a large sea-side city on its way across an ocean.  The prow of the ship is pointing outward to escape the confines of the city.  The ATC is built upward toward the prow and indeed pushes the prow out.

Of course I chose the green for the Die Cut Divas' blog and remind you that you can enter the challenge this month where it's all about the green.

Recipe:
Hero Arts Digital Design Kit The Art of Style - ship
Hero Arts Newspaper Skyline S5573
Cuttlebug
Spellbinder die-cuts Oval and a label die-cut
Black Enamel Accents on the smoke stacks
Star Dust Stickles 

1 comment:

Dawn T said...

stunning Arlene. Your ATC's are always so beautifully done. And happy to see you helping promote the DCD challenge.