Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Triple Time Technique Card & Instructions

I think the next time I use the triple time technique, I will use darker matting, however, this works for instruction purposes and it's quite nice for a note.  The embellishments stand out and make it more whimsical.  As we know, Stickles always works wonders too.

Recipe:

Hero Arts Dandelion G4917
Hero Arts Everyday Sayings CL342  
"Hi there" is a Hero Arts stamp too, but it fell out of its pack so I don't know which clear set 
Cuttlebug
Spellbinders die-cut
Pearls colored with Copic markers B79 & YG09
Gold metallic twine & I have no idea where I got this.


I found this technique on Anne Gaal's blog   
so you can follow along on the video, but I wanted to write it down so I have the sizes and instructions always with me.

Instructions to make this card.  


Size                     Stamped panel dimensions                       Bottom panel dimensions
                                A                                                             B

Smallest               2” X 3 ¼”                                               2 ¼” X 3 1/2 “
Middle                 3” X 4 ¼”                                              3 ¼” X 4 1/2”
Largest                4” X 5 ¼”                                               8 ½” X 5 ½”                          BASE

All Right Ladies, Start your Engines… oops… cutting.  Cut out all the sizes listed above.  We’ll call the panels that are going to be what I think of as the “top” panels Panel “A”s and the bottom panels (like the panel that becomes the notecard itself) Panel “B”s.

Fold Panel "B"  (base) in half and now you have your note card ready. 

Take all the panel “A” s and tape with Removable tape, largest on the bottom and smallest on the top.  On the smallest panel (A) you may wish to stamp a sentiment first and then start stamping.  Start in the center and work your way around the edges, using a lighter ink because this is your stamped background.   You can use a background, script, or other stamp for background.  Then stamp with a darker ink using a smaller image, like a flower, butterfly or other focal image on the panels "A", as you prefer.  When satisfied, stop and pull the panels apart.  Take off the removable tape.

Starting with the smallest panel, layer the smallest panels “A” and “B” together, next layer the middle panels “A” and “B” together.  NOW, make sure the pieces are not upside down when you layer 1st and 2nd sets.  Attach the 2 “A/B” panels, smallest on top of middle panels.   Add embellishments like buttons, flowers, pearls & twine (32 inches wraps 3 times around the top panels). To wrap twine, hold twine to left side (for right-handers), starting in front and wrap 3 times.  You can thread a button or tag with the twine.  Tie and make bow.  Trim twine tails on bow.  

Put dimensional on the bottom of the top "A" panel section and layer to bottom panel.

You are finished.




6 comments:

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Arlene. Love the tutorial and your card is wonderful.

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Arlene! I love how your Triple Time Technique card came out! So pretty! I especially like the glittery edges of the butterflies. It will definitely bring a smile to someone's face when they find this in their mailbox!

Thanks so much for mentioning me. It was sweet of you to share that I inspired you! ♥

Cindy C. said...

Wow what a pretty card! Thanks for the tutorial Arlene!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

Hello Arlene:
Thanks for visiting my flickr gallery...in many of my posts you mentioned that there is challenges at Die cut divas... I have several questions but and I would like to address them through e-mail..could you please e-mail me...I do not see your e-mail in this page...thanks
bibiana
blog: stampingwithbibiana

Arlene said...

I sent a flickr mail, so I hope you received it. The Die Cut DIvas blog is here

Greta said...

Love this technique & your card is just gorgeous, Arlene! Will definitely have to give it a try.