Friday, February 28, 2014

A Fun Project

Does anyone remember paper dolls?  Remember dressing up the paper dolls?  I vaguely remember them, but I was a tom boy and didn't really play with dolls.  Well, I guess I'm growing into the paper doll time of my life.  These Julie Nutting tags are 9 inches long and the doll is about 7 1/2 inches long.  This is Priscilla, a new Julie Nutting doll and my first attempt in handling the long legged gal and tags.  Along with the new doll, I used the Dreamweaver stencils Triangle Weave and Hot Air Balloon and a die, Leafless Tree.  I sponged the tree with Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo - great combo.

I sponged Vintage Photo through the Triangle Weave randomly all over the card.  The Hot Air Balloon was used with paste and is colored with PanPastels.   Someone sent me some fine mesh and so I added several things to dress up the doll and the card.  I'm pleased with my first attempt.  I thought the stencils worked out wonderfully and I will be using more as I use the large tags to craft with.

See the hot air balloon peeping out from under the mesh.  The clothing, hat and boots are paper pieced onto the doll.  Lots of Glossy Accents on them too.

A last look at the gal and Leafless Tree die-cut. 

 A fun project!
Our last day of the month with Die Cut Divas.  Hannah's got the last post of the month for you over at
Die Cut Divas.

I am entering this tag in Simon Says Stamp - use paste


2 comments:

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Arlene. An awesome mixed media tag.

Cindy C. said...

Oh yes I remember. We weren't able to buy them when we were young, so my sisters and drew the doll and its fashions ourselves (on graph paper)! LOL

Arlene what a fun tag! Thanks for sharing!