Tuesday, March 18, 2014

One Layer Class - Masking

I did not have time to try any of Day 5 or Day 6 example techniques until one card last night and one today.  Time consuming for me.  I do think my Masked checkerboard came out well, however I had to shorten the card because...... the masking tape I was using was old and it took off the color on an area toward the bottom of the card.  I was almost done too, just 4 more stripes.  I just couldn't think of throwing out the card because of one little problem.  My solution on a late night was to cut off the bottom and let all the distress inks dry before embossing the sentiments. I used the Hero Arts "Enjoy Today" clear stamp set (CL759).  These are two sentiments, but I love how they go together so well.


Close-up of sentiment.  The sentiment does not fade into the background because the stripes are not quite as dark as they appear here - same as the objects reflected in this mirror may be closer than they appear.


Next card
Masking and using Versamark to ink up open surfaces.  I used think Washi tape to create narrow separations on this card.  I covered the sentiment panel entirely.  I really don't have this technique down and I think I might do something like this on a much smaller scale, rather than an entire card.  The dark color triangles are not black but a DEEP dark green.  The sentiment is stamped directly onto the note card front. 
I hope you enjoyed these examples of two of the ideas on Days 5 and 6.


2 comments:

Dawn T said...

fabulous Arlene. I haven't managed to do many cards from the classes. got two done tonight but need to take photos tomorrow

Cat Craig said...

Bravo and well done, you tackled and succeeded at the two techniques I ran from!