Friday, May 16, 2014

Sophisticated and Vintage

When a hat was a hat.  I love hats, but hate to wear them.  They feel confining to me.  But I do love to look at those wonderful vintage hats.

The one thing I love about digital stamps is that you can re-size them.  This beautiful woman from A Day for Daisies is sophisticated and lovely.  I did trim the hat of the lady in pink with Stickles and a red glass gem.  Otherwise, I believe you don't really need anything else.

Since the smaller image was oddly placed on my printout, I just used a narrow oval die and placed her off-kilter.  I rather like it.  Adds something unique and playful.  A few gems and a "Thanks" die cut are adhered to the image panel.  I found this wonderful light blue paper with glitter stripes to bring out a bit of sparkle.  Repeating the foundation panel color near the center panel kept the colors strong and well focused on the image.

The vintage woman of the day hopes you have a great weekend.

No comments: