Monday, August 25, 2014

Retro is Fine

Here's a sample I posted on Die Cut Divas for our challenge this month of "Hot August Nights".

I was thinking this was pretty modern... no, my granddaughter told me it looks like the decade of the 80s.  Upon further thought, I quite agree - an 80s card - retro.  I've gone retro and I didn't even plan it.  Now if I could plan and execute, I'd be doing well.

Retro or not, I rather liked the striped panel (from a box that held black and white note cards) as a major panel on this card.  I used dies from A Dienamics set which I am sure I purchased at Oozak, but can't find it now. There's always something new.  I really like the Fired Brick Distress Paint - how hot can you get with a name like that?
No stamping at all - yes I'm quite surprised at the number of cards I've made with no stamping this month. 

No comments: