Saturday, November 1, 2014

Is Halloween in November?

I know Halloween was in October, but I had to make a scary Halloween card.  It's a wonderful crazy American holiday with candy, spooky tricks or treats and fantastic costumes.  This mummy is saying "BOO" to you!

We're having a holiday at Die Cut Divas, so join the fun!  You're asking me what holiday???? 
 PICK ONE!

If you've joined the Card Chain Challenge (CCC) at Society of Stampaholics, then you know we send out real cards to real people once a month.  It's so nice to get a beautiful handmade card in the mail.  This is the card I made for my dear partner for October, but am not showing until today.  I thought this image from Bugaboo was just too cute not to use for Halloween, which was only yesterday!  I kept the colors spooky.  Lots of black and some Burlap distress ink too.  I think I have a kooky sense of humor because I just found it funny to stamp "tired of texting" on a banner.  

The wonderful spider is colored grunge paper, colored with Distress ink and Distress glitter.  The image behind the coffin is actually a tree on a wood block from Tim Holtz (v1-1219).  I've had it for years and never really used it.  I stamped it in black and London Fog several times each.  I smudged distress ink, Burlap, on the same panel as the tree and on the sentiment.  BOO is die-cut from a Memory Box alphabet set.  This was a totally FUN card to make.

This is also my sample for The Die Cut Divas.  
You ought to see all the inspiration from my fellow artists.
I'll be back with some more holiday cards this month.

2 comments:

Michelle N. said...

Adorable card! I want a stamp to say "text impaired", so I got a real kick out of your sentiment!

Dawn T said...

just gorgeous Arlene